Thai Summer Rolls With Plum Sauce
|Rice stick noodles/Null||2 Ounce (Uncooked, Such As Dynasty Maifun Rice Stick Noodles)|
|Cabbage and carrot coleslaw/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (From Package)|
|Grated carrot/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Null)|
|Cooked peeled medium shrimp/Null||6 Ounce, chopped into thirds (Null)|
|Julienned fresh basil/Null||3 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Chopped fresh mint/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Canola oil/Null||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Fresh lime juice/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Sugar/Null||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Salt/Null||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Freshly ground black pepper/Null||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Null)|
|6 inch rice paper sheets/Null||8 (Null)|
|Plum sauce/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
1. Place rice noodles in a large bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand 8 minutes; drain. Rinse under cold running water; drain well.
2. Combine noodles, coleslaw, carrot, shrimp, basil, and mint in a large bowl; toss gently.
3. Combine oil and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour dressing over noodle mixture and toss gently.
4. Add cold water to a large shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in water. Let stand about 2 minutes or until soft and pliable. (Soaking too long makes the rice paper sheets fragile. They tear easily and are difficult to work with.)
5. Carefully transfer rice paper sheet to a paper towel-lined flat work surface.
6. Arrange 1/2 cup filling on bottom half of softened rice paper sheet. Fold bottom of sheet over filling, pressing slightly. Fold sides of sheet over filling, overlapping in center to form a 4-inch roll. Roll up jelly roll fashion, and gently press seam to seal.
7. Cut roll in half diagonally, and place, seam side down, on a serving plate. Cover with a dampened paper towel. Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper sheets and filling.