Spice Crusted Tuna With Thai Snow Pea Salad
|Tuna steaks||24 Ounce (About 1 Inch Thick)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon (2 Tablespoon Plus 1 For Brushing)|
|Cracked coriander seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked peppercorns||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemongrass||2 , bottom two-thirds of tender inner bulbs only, thinly sliced|
|Asian fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili||1 , seeded, thinly sliced (Such As De Arbol Or Cayenne Halved)|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Light a grill. Brush the tuna steaks with vegetable oil and season with salt. Mix the coriander seeds with the cracked peppercorns and press them onto both sides of the tuna steaks.
2. In a bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil with the lime juice, lemon-grass, fish sauce, cilantro and chili.
3. In a medium saucepan, steam the snow peas over 1/2 inch of boiling water, covered, until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water and pat dry. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Grill the tuna steaks over a hot fire, turning once, until lightly charred outside and rare in the center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
5. Cut the tuna into thick slices and arrange on plates. Toss the snow peas with 2 tablespoons of the dressing and spoon alongside the tuna. Pass extra dressing at the table.