Thai Chicken With Basil
|Skinless boneless chicken breast fillets||4 (Forster Farms)|
|Chopped shiitake mushrooms||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated lime peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked according to package directions|
1. Slice chicken into strips.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently; remove from pan.
3. Add chicken strips to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until nearly done.
4. Return mushroom mixture to the pan;add grated lime peel, oyster sauce and chopped basil. Heat through, about 3 minutes more.
5. Place cooked rice on a serving platter, top with chicken mixture and garnish with basil leaves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1369 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1450.8 mg60.5%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.6%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 98 g195.8%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet