When you know how to make salmon with Thai curry sauce, you can prepare a healthy dinner just within 30 minutes with steamed salmon, jasmine rice and fresh vegetables. In this recipe video Martha Drayton shares a simple and delicious recipe of Salmon.
2 (with the skin on)
Thai red curry paste
1⁄2 Can (5 oz)
Cooked jasmine rice
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 , chopped
1 Medium, chopped
1 , chopped
Kaffir lime leaves
1 , slivered
1. In a bowl, add the Thai red curry paste, Thai fish sauce and coconut milk. Whisk ingredients until smooth to avoid lumps of curry paste.
2. Place marinade in a shallow casserole or baking dish.
3. Add the salmon filets skin side up and marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Remove salmon fillets from marinade and place over lettuce leaves in a steamer, flesh side up.
5. Cover the fish with remaining Thai curry marinade.
6. Add cooked jasmine rice and fresh vegetables to second layer of steamer.
7. Fill frying pan with one inch of water, bring to a boil.
8. Fit steamer over frying pan, steam for about 5 minutes.
8. Garnish the salmon fillet with few pieces of slivered kaffir lime leaf. Serve hot with rice and vegetables.
Vegetables should be crisp and juicy, rice should be fluffy but not gummy, and the salmon filet should be steamed through and infused with a spicy, creamy curry flavor.