Thai Lettuce Wraps
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Green chilli||1 , deseeded, chopped|
|Shallot||1 , chopped finely|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Red bell pepper||1 , deseeded, chopped finely|
|Cole slaw mix||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (shredded cabbage + Carrot)|
|Scallions ( green and white)||3 , chopped|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For the wrap|
|Siracha sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
1. FILLING: In a pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic, ginger and sauté them for a minute. Put the green chillies and shallots and continue to sauté.
2. Add the ground turkey and stir it well to mix and cook till it is brown. Stir occasionally. Takes 2 minutes.
3. Put bell pepper, cabbage, carrots, scallions and continue to stir fry for a few more minutes till they are tender. Stir after every addition.
4. Pour the sauce into it and stir again well till all are mixed well and cook for 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat.
5. In a serving plate, take a lettuce leaf, put the filling, spicy sauce, peanuts and mint leaf. Wrap and enjoy with choice of side dish.
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 44.8 mg14.9%
Sodium 739.5 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A 51.3% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet