|Beef tenderloin||2 Pound (1 Tenderloin)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||1 Dash|
|Dry sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Remove the surface fat and the connective tissue from beef and apply 2 tablespoons butter.
2) Take a shallow roasting pan and put the beef in it an insert a meat thermometer. Roast it for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
3) Take a small saucepan and melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook green onion until tender.
4) Then, add soy sauce, mustard, and pepper, wine and stir. Bring it to a boil.
5) When the beef is done, pour the sauce over it and continue to roast at 425 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes for rare.
6) Keep basting with sauce.
7) Serve the tenderloin deluxe with wine sauce.
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.8 mg40.9%
Sodium 582.8 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet