Philippine Grilled Pork Tenderloin
|Lean pork tenderloin||2 Pound, all visible fat removed|
|White vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Dried hot red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the pork into 12 medallions about 1/2-inch thick.
2. In an oblong glass baking dish, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper and mix well.
3. Add the pork slices to the marinade.
4. Marinate for about 4 to 5 hours, in the refrigerator, turning once in a while.
5. Pre-heat the broiler.
6. In the broiler, broil the medallions for 7 minutes on each side about 4 inches from flame.
7. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the marinade to a boil.
8. Add the hot pepper flakes to the marinade, and reduce it by one quarter.
9. Strain the marinade to get the sauce.
10. Serve the meat with the marinade as a dipping sauce.
Instead of broiling, you can also cook the meat on a charcoal grill.
If grilling, cook over a medium fire 5 minutes on each side and then 10 minutes covered.
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120 mg40%
Sodium 1902.9 mg79.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 49 g97.6%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet