This Plum Sauce gives a moist & delicious port tenderloin a hint of Asian flair!
For the pork tenderloins
2 Pound (One Package used)
For the plum sauce
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3 Medium (White and green part used)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Cut the tenderloins in 1/2, to make 4 smaller pieces. (One Pack of tenderloins used. Usually there are two in one package).
2. Using paper towel, dab the moisture off from each.
3. Season with a drizzle of olive oil and some kosher salt all over the tenderloins.
4. Preheat oven to 425 F.
5. Heat large saute pan on medium-high heat.
6. Place the seasoned tenderloins into the hot pan. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper.
7. When the brown sear is achieved on one side, flip the tenderloins and sear the second side. Flip a third time and top with black pepper again.
8. Then place the saute pan, with the seared pork, into the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
9. Meanwhile to prepare the plum sauce, take a saucepan and stir in plum jam, green onions & cornstarch.
10. To this add dry sherry, soy sauce, white vinegar and cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, about 5-6 minutes.
11. When meat is done, let it rest in pan for 5-10 minutes.
12. Slice the roasted tenderloins and they are ready to serve.
13. Serve the sliced pork with warm plum sauce.