Tips To Steam Tofu
A very quick and easy tofu preparation is its steamed form which needs just a few steps and very little utensils. Steamed tofu contains very less calories and has high protein value which makes it quite a healthy dish. It can be added to stir fried vegetables and even to rice dishes. Here are some quick and convenient tips which will help you to steam tofu.
Steaming Tofu – Tips
- Adding the right quantity of water is very essential for any tofu dish. When the water reaches boiling point, it needs to be at least an inch below the base of the basket.
Slice the tofu:
- Tofu is available in different sizes. Before steaming it you can slice it into ½ inch portions and place it in the steaming basket. 560240-small-tofu-slices-for-steaming.imagesqtbnand9gcrmvi-hvfbl1pkr3fwtdnaidgk7bkm05ui4krnezm3f4byxiu1utfge5grt
Cover using a foil:
- Cover your steaming basket with a foil or else moisture will escape right through the basket.
- Whenever any steaming process is involved, you need to take some extra precautions so that you do not hurt yourself. When you place your tofu basket in the boiling water, do not forget to wear gloves.
Use pan cover:
- Just to be extra sure that there is no steam leak, you can use an additional pan to cover your pan.
- Always steam tofu in medium heat. High flame will not cook it well.
These were some of the time-tested tips on steaming tofu. If you have more of such ideas, do not forget to write us back.