Tips To Remove Onion Odor
They may taste awesome, yet onions put people off by its intense odor which is really strong. This pungent odor adheres to all surfaces and lingers in the air for long even after the onions have been cooked and enjoyed. You don’t have to neglect the culinary and medicinal benefits of fresh and cooked onions only for this reason though. Ward off the offensive onion smell with a few tips. Read on.
Tips To Remove Onion Odor:
- Moisten a sponge or paper towel with either white vinegar or lemon juice and using it wipe down anything that made contact with the onions and has the unpleasant onion smell, such as knives, cutting boards etc, to eliminate the odor.
- Add a cup of baking soda with the detergent and wash any fabrics that may have onion smell on them and get rid of the smell.
- Soak pots and pans which were used to cook onions in hot, soapy water. Add a cup of white vinegar to a sink full of water and soak the cookware for at least an hour before cleaning.
- Put a small amount of strong smelling toothpaste on your palm and vigorously rub your hands. Rinse well and now your hands are free from odor.
- Open windows, turn on fans and alleviate this pungent odor out of your home. Placing a window fan in a window facing out can push out the onion-scented air outside.
- Boil 1 tsp. of white vinegar in a pot of water for five to ten minutes on the stove in a small pot to eliminate odors in the air.
- Use scented candles and aromatic sprays to mask onion odors until they are disappeared to make your home smell better.
- Fill the container with a mixture of 3 parts water to one part vinegar and leave the container closed with the lid, overnight. Next morning, clean the container thoroughly with warm, bleach water.
So friends, avail the culinary and medicinal benefits of onion without the problem of its strong and pungent smell by warding off onion odor successfully.
Image Credit: scrapbookofchristmasfirsts.blogspot.in