How To Make Pumpkin Wreath
The best decoration to adorn your front door in the fall is definitely one made of pumpkins! A homemade pumpkin wreath would be ideal for both Halloween and Thanksgiving celebrations. You can make the wreath using bright colored artificial pumpkins or by using the smaller, less heavy real pumpkins. Below, we offer you some tips on how you can make your own pumpkin wreath this Fall!
Steps to Make Pumpkin Wreath
- Select pumpkins of almost the same size.
- Use a plastic foam wreath as the frame.
- Pierce a hole at the bottom of the pumpkin using florist wire and run it through to the other side. Alternatively, push an ice pick or a nail into the bottom of the pumpkin and then insert the florist wire into it.
- Fix the pumpkin onto the foam wreath by tying the wire ends together.
- Thread pumpkins in a similar fashion and attach to the base wreath to cover it completely.
- The exposed areas around the pumpkins have to be covered with moss that can be attached using florist pins.
- Twist some wire to make a hook at the top of the wreath for hanging it.
- Decorate as desired.
Ideas for Decorating Wreaths of Pumpkins
- During Halloween, make a large black colored bow with ribbon and attach it to the top of the wreath.
- A gold or red colored bow would be more apt for Thanksgiving.
- Alternate pumpkins and other squashes for a fall wreath.
- Some dried berries, raffia, and flowers would accentuate the feel of the season.
Wreaths made of pumpkins are bright and warm. Hang one on your door for welcoming in the fall.