Tips To Bake Hanukkah Cookies Quickly
Hanukkah, the Jewish festival, is a time for fun and feasting. A variety of special and lip smacking cookies are served during the festivities. Most of the Hanukkah cookies are significantly shaped with symbols like the Star of David being frosted in the traditional blue color. Read on for some interesting tips to bake these cookies quickly…
Quick Hanukkah Cookies Baking Tips
- Use easy-to-make dough so as to save time required for chilling the cookie dough.
- Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Use margarine instead of butter while making parve cookies.
- Non-stick cooking spray can be used for making attractive non-sticky frosting.
- Sanding sugar is another ingredient that can be used for making attractive cookies easily during Hanukkah.
- It is advisable to use all-purpose flour for making cookies.
- Do not mix dough for a long time since this can cause the cookies to turn out hard.
- If desired, a part of the all-purpose flour can be replaced with whole wheat flour for a more healthy cookie.
- Honey can be used instead of sugar in cookies, but remember to reduce the quantity of other liquid ingredients of the recipe.
- Amount of butter would determine the texture of the cookie – chewy, crispy, or crumbly.
Best Hanukkah Cookie Baking Tips
- Use pure extracts for Hanukkah cookies.
- If planning to make rugelach, make sure that the recipe instructions are followed absolutely.
- Keep blue colored frosting ready to give a base of blue frosting to the cookies.
- Alternately, add blue food color to royal icing and you are ready to go.
Hanukkah cookies are among the best ways to introduce and explain the traditions of the festive season to children.