Tips To Bake Passover Cookies Quickly
Passover can be a challenge for even the most adept bakers. Hence, making cookies for the occasion can seem quite daunting as you cannot use flour, pure vanilla, or even yeast. Nevertheless, Passover cookies occupy a permanent place in the kosher calendar since they are the best type of food you can snack on during this time. Compiled here is a list of tips that can help you to bake such cookies quickly.
Quick Passover Cookies Baking Tips
- Substitute 1-cup flour with 1/3 cup of potato starch in the cookie recipe.
- Make healthy almond cookies by using ground almonds instead of flour in cookies.
- Substitute 1-teaspoon vanilla extract with 1 tablespoon of Passover liqueur.
- Mix together granulated sugar with potato starch for making icing sugar.
- Almond coconut macaroons are traditional cookies made for Passover. They just need to be stirred and baked.
- Soy based cream and soymilk can be used instead of dairy in cookie recipes.
- Chocolate Passover cookies are unleavened and chewy. Beat egg whites, and fold into chocolate batter and add chocolate chips to make delicious cookies.
- To make moist and light cookies, beat egg whites until fluffy and then fold it into the batter.
- Use baking soda and cream of tartar instead of baking powder.
- Cocoa and shortening can be used for making baking chocolate.
Watch how to make delicious no bake cookies for Passover:
Tips for making Best Passover Cookies
- Make macaroons, meringue cookies without flour for Passover.
- Use matzo cake meal for making cookie dough.
- Cookie dough can be softer and more harder to work with due to the absence of baking powder, hence be gentle with it.
Passover is not the same without chewy and delicious cookies. Make plenty this Passover with the help of the tips mentioned above.
Video credit: youtube.com/