Easy Tips To Poach Meat
Poaching is one of the easiest cooking methods to get juicy and tender meat. However, poaching is suitable only for very tender cuts of meats since this method does not tenderize it but cooks it gently to bring out the flavors. Hence, hard cuts of meat like brisket are not very suitable for poaching. Lean cuts of beef, fish, chicken, and some seafood poach well. Read on for easy tips to poach meat as well as detailed instructions to do it right…
Tips For Poaching Meat
- Take a large saucepan and pour some chicken stock or water into it.
- Bring the liquid to boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to let is gently simmer.
- Put the meat pieces in the poaching liquid.
- Let meat cook for about 1 hour in the liquid.
- Take the pot off the heat and let meat cool in the poaching liquid.
- Using slotted spoons, transfer poached meat onto serving plates.
5 Easy Tips to Poach Meat
- Flavor poaching liquid with desired seasoning prior to adding meat to enjoy it in the meat too.
- The broth can be reduced and served along with the meat.
- Keep skimming off foam that accumulates on the surface of the poaching liquid.
- The poaching liquid can be stored in the freezer in small, covered containers and used in other dishes.
- Add the meat pieces only when the liquid is gently simmering. No bubbles should break the surface of the liquid during the cooking process.
Poach meat and enjoy the delightful flavor of tender and juicy meat.