Easy Tips To Poach Turkey
Sliced turkey breast is the best form of turkey if poaching is the cooking method of choice. Turkey breast has tender meat that would become moist, juicy, and immensely satisfying to the palate. Poached food is by far one of the healthiest cooking methods due to absolutely no requirement of extra fat or oil for preparation. Read on for some easy tips to poach turkey and detailed instructions to get the job done.
How to Poach Turkey
- In a large pot, pour plenty of water.
- Bring the water to a gentle simmer over low heat.
- Season water with bay leaf, cilantro, onions, salt, and pepper.
- Maintain temperature of poaching liquid between 160 degrees F and 180 degrees F. Keep checking this with the thermometer.
- Let broth simmer for about 10 minutes at this temperature.
- Now, add in slices of turkey breast.
- Cover and let cook for about 35 minutes.
- The turkey breasts would get flavored from the seasonings added to the broth.
- Stir the pieces gently, once or twice during the cooking period.
- After the mentioned time, remove turkey breasts from the broth. The meat is cooked when turkey juices are running clear and the meat can be easily pierced with a fork.
Watch the video on how to poach turkey and pick some easy tips:
5 Easy Tips to Poach Turkey
- Cut even slices of turkey breast to facilitate even cooking.
- The poaching liquid can be flavored with orange juice, sauces etc for an exotic or citrusy taste to the meat.
- The broth can be further reduced and flavored to be served drizzled over poached turkey meat.
- Make sure that the temperature of broth does not exceed the mentioned limits lest the meat gets overcooked.
- Poached turkey can be shredded and used in sandwiches, stir-fries, casseroles, soups, stews etc.
Poach turkey and enjoy the tender and juicy flesh in all its natural flavors. Poaching is definitely one of the best ways to enjoy this bird.
Video credit: youtube.com/