Easy Tips To Poach Sausage
Poaching sausages are perhaps the best way to reduce cooking time for grilling or frying it in the pan or oven as well as prevent them from exploding while on the grill . Poaching is a process wherein sausages are gently cooked in simmering liquid. This is also one of the best ways to add the flavor from poaching liquid like wine to the sausages. All kinds of sausages can be poached and the process is simple. Let’s take a look at instructions as well as some easy tips to poach sausages the right way…
How to Poach Sausage
- Take a saucepan and add some water to it.
- Bring this liquid to boil over high temperature.
- Place the fresh, uncooked sausages in the boiling liquid. Make sure that sausages are completely immersed. 556972-poaching-sausage.poaching-sausage
- Reduce heat and let the liquid simmer gently.
- Cover and let sausages poach for about 10 minutes.
- Once done, remove from poaching liquid and drain on kitchen towels.
- These sausages can now be grilled, or browned in the oven.
Sausages that have been poached prior to browning have a tender skin.
5 Easy Tips For Poaching Sausage
- Poach sausages in beer or wine to flavor the meat.
- Make sure that when the sausages are added, the temperature of boiling liquid is reduced to a simmer. Very high temperature can ruin the texture of sausage meat and make it tough.
- Poaching is the process where in the gentle simmering of liquid should cook the ingredient, hence at no time should the liquid be boiling once the pork has been added.
- Use slotted spoons to transfer poached sausages onto kitchen towels.
- Drain sausages very well to get rid of excess absorbed poaching liquid prior to further cooking.
Poach sausages easily at home and enjoy the tender, delicious meat flavored with seasoning s of choice.