Easy Tips To Poach Beef
Poaching is one of the easiest methods to cook beef. Though this method is not very popular outside restaurant kitchens, it is not very difficult to attempt it at home. Given below are some excellent tips and instructions to poach beef without much hassle …
How to Poach Beef
- Though most cuts of beef can be poached successfully, beef tenderloins, steaks, and shallow roasts are the best candidates for poaching.
- Get a pot ready for poaching. An aluminum pot with a thick bottom would do fine.
- Into the pot add the poaching liquid and then add in some lemon juice or vinegar along with other desired flavorings.
- Bring liquid to boil over medium heat and the reduce to a simmer.
- Put in the beef pieces.
- Depending on the size of beef cut, the cooking time for the beef can be decided. Steaks would take about 5 minutes on an average while thinner cuts would be ready much faster.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef onto serving plates.
Watch the video to pick up some easy tips on poaching beef:
5 Easy Tips for Beef Poaching
- Beef can be poached in plain water but for a little added flavor try poaching it in broth containing beef seasonings like tarragon, onion flavoring, Worcestershire sauce etc.
- Do not forget to add lemon or vinegar into the poaching liquid since the acid in these would aid in breaking down the protein in the meat and thereby hasten the process of meat tenderization.
- Take care not to add meat pieces into the boiling poaching liquid reduce the heat and let liquid simmer before adding it, lest the meat turn rubbery and tough.
- Add some vegetables, and cook for some time before adding the meat, if you are planning a one pot meal.
- Make sure beef is cooked thoroughly prior to serving it.
Poach beef with ease and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills.
Video credit: youtube.com/