How To Shred Broccoli
Shredding broccoli easy and when mixed with shredded carrots and cabbage makes excellent side dish. The process can be carried out using a manual grater, food processor or even a pair of scissors. Read on to know how to shred broccoli easily at home…
Steps to Shred Broccoli
- Wash broccoli very well under running water and discard the hard edges.
- Trim the stem and then cut along it to free the florets. The florets can be further cut into bite-sized pieces if planning to use a blender/food processor for shredding. While using manual graters, large broccoli pieces would make holding the vegetable easier.
- Manual grater: Hold the grater down over a plate or bowl and run broccoli head first on the grater rivets. Continue to shred flower head as well as the stem.
- Blender/Food processor: Put the small broccoli florets into the blender or food processor and process to shred broccoli.
- Scissors: Cut broccoli into small pieces with a pair of scissors.
- Continue to shred broccoli until the entire flower has been grated.
- Use shredded broccoli to make delicious salads, stir-fries, patties, etc.
Broccoli might seem a bit difficult to shred initially since the florets might not keep together all the time, however, a little bit of practice would soon show results. Make sure that you follow the above-mentioned steps while doing the job.