How To Shred Zucchini
Shredded zucchini can be used to make a variety of dishes like zucchini breads and they make excellent additions to salads and sandwiches too. Shredding zucchini is easy; however, you need to know how to do it correctly so as not to end up with a pile of watery zucchini mess. Read on for detailed steps on how to shred zucchini…
Steps to Shred Zucchini
The debate over whether zucchini should be grated after peeling or with the peel is a matter of convenience and expertise. The steps given below explain how to go about the process without peeling zucchini.
- Wash zucchini under cool, running water.
- Trim the stem end.
- A cone shaped grater would be ideal to shred zucchini since this can be place on the plate or board for stability.
- Take the zucchini and place cut end on the grater. Run it down and let the metal rivets shred zucchini. Continue until the seed core being to appear.
- Cut around this seed core right into the zucchini as far as the knife can reach and ease it out.
- Repeat grating zucchini, until seed core begins to appear again.
- Again, cut out the seed core and repeat grating.
- Shred the entire zucchini in this manner.
- Use side of the grater that has medium sized rivets.
Zucchini can be shredded in a food processor too. Cut zucchini lengthwise into two halves and then using a knife slice out the seed strips. Now insert it into food chute and process to get grated vegetable.
Zucchini has high water content and hence many times the shredded vegetable can ooze out water. Dry it as much as possible on kitchen towels and freeze it in zip-lock bags for use later. Shred zucchini and enjoy its goodness in various recipes.