How To Ripen Raw Avocado
Most of the supermarkets these days sell hard, unripe avocados. Ripen the raw avocados at home without much hassle. When ripe, avocados yield to gentle pressure. Let us see how to preapre them for use …
Steps to Ripen Raw Avocado
- Select good quality avocados.
- In a brown paper bag, place the avocados.
- Put in an apple or a banana along with the avocados. Bananas and apples give out the ripening agent – ethylene gas. This facilitates quick ripening of raw avocados.
- Place bag at room temperature on kitchen counter.
- Check avocados every day. Gently squeeze avocados to check for ripening and remove the ripe ones.
Ripen the Raw Avocados in Microwave
Using the microwave to ripen avocados is not necessarily the best way to get softer, ripe avocados; nevertheless, the method provides soft avocados immediately.
- Take a raw avocado and poke it all over with a fork.
- Microwave at medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Let avocado cool for 5 minutes.
- Apply gentle pressure to check for ripening.
- Place inside once again and microwave for another 30 seconds.
Ripen raw avocado to make guacamole or add to salads so that you can enjoy its benefits.
Image credit: therunnyegg.com