Tips To Remove Turmeric Stain
Turmeric, the orange-yellow spice leave a dark yellow stain on clothes and surfaces. Laundering the stain just makes things worse by leaving a red colored almost permanent stain. Hence, to remove turmeric stain, one needs to act before washing it. Let us see how best this can be done.
Steps to Remove Turmeric Stains from Washable Fabrics
- Take some liquid dish detergent and rub it into the stain. Let it work for 30 minutes. Rinse the stain with cool water. The stain should ideally have paled.
- Now, apply some vinegar to the stain and blot with a cloth.
- If stain persists, cut a lemon into halves and use one of the halves to rub the stain.
- Let stain dry under direct sunlight for 10 to 60 minutes. The stain would pale out after this treatment.
- Wash the cloth with the rest of the clothes as usual.
- Check whether stain has disappeared prior to drying the cloth.
- The process can be repeated for stubborn turmeric stains.
Removing Turmeric Stain from Surfaces
- Sprinkle oxygen cleaner on the stained surface. Squirt some water over this and let stand for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Scrub the surface well with a sponge.
- Continue to add oxygen cleaner and scrubbing clean until stain is completely removed.
- Rinse well with water.
Turmeric stains might pose a bit of a problem, but the above outlined process should work. Just make sure that the colors of fabric that is stained does not get bleached by treatment with lemon and sun. Keep checking the fabric during the washing and stain removal. In the event of carpets and upholstery being stained with turmeric, oxygenated bleach should be used.
Image credit: thechangerevolution.wordpress.com/