How to Cook Steak Perfectly
Atlanta area Butcher and Caterer offers tips on how to cook the perfect steak. Douglasville Retail Meat and Smokehouse is an authorized retailer of Certified Angus Beef steaks, brisket, ribs, roast beef, tenderloin, filet mignon. Their catering division prepares exceptional meals from BBQ smoked on site to gourmet offerings with the CAB.
For more information please visit: www.MyGourmetSteaks.com
This video offers some easy to follow tips on cooking the perfect steak. The first step is buying the steak.
• The steak to be cooked on the grill should be nice and thick so that it doesn’t get charred or overcooked.
• The next step is to bring the steak to room temperature before cooking it, room temperature being 70-75 degrees. This has to be done carefully so as not to let the steak sit out for too long and risk bacteria growth on it. Marinating the steak reduces this risk as marinating it makes it acidic which reduces bacteria growth to a large extent.
• The seasoning is to be sprinkled on the steak from above 18 inches so that settles evenly on the steak without forming clumps or spots.
• The steak with medium rare thickness is to be cooked on the grill for 4 minutes. After it stays on the grill for 2 minutes, lift it with a pair of tongs and give it a quarter of a turn and let it cook for another 2 minutes to get the grill marks on the steak.
• Now the steak is to be turned over and heated. After it is done, the burners on both the sides are to be shut down one at a time.
• Next the steak is move to the indirect heat side and the lid is shut down to leave it in for 4-5 minutes.
• When the steak is taken out, it is to be covered with a foil so that the steak juices do not dry up but rather keep the steak nice and moist. The foil helps in this process by keeping the heat in. The steak is to be left to sit for 5 minutes with the foil on it. The foil is then taken off and the steak is ready to be served.
Do you have some more good ideas or tips for cooking great steaks? Share with us!