How To Bake Black Forest Cake
If you do not know how to bake black forest cake at home, then you ought to read this blog. This ifood guide on baking black forest cake is easy to understand and follow. Read on…
The Complete Guide On How To Bake Black Forest Cake
Black forest cake comes with a cherry topping and frosting on a base of chocolate cake. While sponge cake or butter cake also can be used, chocolate cake gives it an enriched taste. Read to know how to bake chocolate cake to be used as the base for black forest cake…
All-purpose flour: Flour is the base of chocolate cake. You can choose plain flour or self-rising flour for baking a chocolate cake. If you are using plain flour, then for every 17 oz of flour, add ¾ tsp baking soda, 1 ½ tsp baking powder 3/4 tsp salt.
Granulated sugar: Sugar sweetens and retains the moisture of the batter. Add flour and sugar in the ratio of 1:1 ratio. Remember the cake should be slightly moister.
Unsweetened cocoa powder: Cocoa powder is the flavoring agent of a chocolate cake. Add 6 oz of cocoa powder for 17 oz flour.
Eggs: Eggs are required to bind the dough and add to the richness of the cake. Add 3 eggs for 17 oz flour.
Milk: Milk is added to enrich the taste and aroma of the cake. You can add 1 cup of milk for 17 oz [2 1/8 cup] flour.
Butter: Add half a cup of ½-cup butter for 17 oz flour to add to the keep the cake light.
Vanilla essence: Mix in for added taste. Add 1 tbsp for 17 oz of flour.
Instructions On How To Bake Black Forest Cake
- Prepare 2 cake pans before you start mixing the ingredients. Grease thoroughly with oil. Use a paper towel for even coating. Then dust with a little cocoa powder and shake the pan to remove the excess cocoa powder.
- Preheat oven to the temperature specified in the recipe at least 15 minutes before baking chocolate cake.
- Always bring butter and eggs to room temperature before creaming.
- Always sift flour, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and salt to avoid lumps. Only then, add the wet ingredients.
- Cream the butter. Gradually add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Always start mixing the ingredients at the lowest speed. Gradually increase the speed to ensure maximum aeration. The batter should be evenly blended, creamy, and smooth.
- With a spatula, transfer the chocolate cake batter equally into the prepared cake pans. Keep scrapping the sides and bottom to transfer the compete contents. With the spatula, spread the batter to make it even on the top surface.
- The cakes take about 1 hour to be baked. Keep the oven door closed until completely baked. Check for the doneness by inserting a teaser into the cake center. It should come out clean.
- Transfer to the wire rack for cooling only after it is partially cool.
Voila! Mouthwatering black forest cake is ready to be relished! Now that you have a fair idea of how to bake black forest cake, prepare one and treat your loved ones.
Image Credit: ifood.tv