How To Bake Butter Cake
All of you know that butter cakes are versatile desserts. Do you know how to bake butter cake the perfect way? If you do not know, then follow this ifood guide on baking butter cake. A straightforward process, this guide ensures to offer you the perfect butter cake, even if you are new to the process of baking. Read on...
The Complete Guide On How To Bake Butter Cake
Butter cakes are baked using butter, sugar, eggs, flour, and baking powder. Milk aids in transforming them into tasty dessert.
Butter: The most vital ingredient of any butter cake is butter. While certain recipes call for using margarine or shortening, the true flavor lies in using butter. Butter provides flavor, softens the batter, and adds volume.
Flour: Sift the flour before using. For 300 g butter, you need 560 g flour. If you are using all-purpose flavor, then add 2 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt for every 560 g of flour.
Sugar: Sugar sweetens the batter, slows down gluten formation, and keeps the batter moisturized. It also helps in giving the brown color for the cake. Use 300 g sugar for 300 g butter.
Eggs: Eggs are used as dough binders. Use 3 eggs for 300 g of butter.
Milk: Milk adds to the richness, softness, and flavor of the butter cake. For 300 g butter, you can use 415 ml milk.
Instructions On How To Bake Butter Cake
- Preheat oven as the recipe calls for at least 15 minutes before baking.
- Always keep the pan prepared. Use solid shortening to grease the pan sides and bottom as margarine, butter, or oil do not give an even coating. You can use a pastry brush or paper towel to do the same. Then, dust with flour. Shake the pan for even coating. Tap out excess flour. If you have baking parchment, then use it to line pan bottom instead of greasing and dusting it.
- Use butter, margarine, or shortening, as specified in the recipe. Never use oil, even if you need to melt shortening. Always bring butter, margarine, or shortening to room temperature before creaming.
- Always start beating butter and sugar on low speed. Creaming the mixture produces air bubbles in the fat. Slowly, increase the pace of beating for the inclusion maximum aeration. A well-aerated batter gives a cake with soft crumb and good volume.
- Transfer the pan into the prepared pan and make a hollow in the center of the batter with the backside of a wooden spatula. This will give the cake a nice round top.
- Never open the oven door before the specified baking time. In general, butter cake requires 30 to 35 minutes. If you are unsure about the doneness, insert a teaser into cake center. If it returns clean, then the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool well.
- Once the cake is cool, using a knife loosen the cake edges and slowly invert onto a cake plate.
Follow this guide on how to bake butter cake for preparing a tasty dessert. Experiment with decorating options for tastier treats!
Image Credit; auntyyochana.blogspot.com