How To Bake Cheesecake
Baking cheesecake the perfect way is an art. This ifood guide on how to bake cheesecake will help you to make a gentle cheesecake without any cracks. This guide uses graham cracker crust for preparing the cheesecake. Read on to know the simple steps for baking a delicious treat.
The Complete Guide On How To Bake Cheesecake
Cracker crumbs: This is the most important ingredient of any cheesecake base. You can choose graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafers for preparing the base. If you want a flavored base, then you can choose gingerbread, shortbread or anything resembling a cookie, including biscotti.
Butter or margarine: Butter or margarine brings in the smoothness and fluffiness in the cheesecake. For every cup of fine graham cracker crumbs, use ¼ cup of margarine or butter. You can use a combination of margarine and butter for a softer cheesecake.
Sugar: Sugar is used as the sweetener for base. For every cup of cracker, use 1 1.2 tbsp sugar.
Cream cheese: Use softened cream cheese for preparing the topping. For a base made with 1-cup graham cracker crumbs, you would require about 8 oz of cream cheese. Add ¾ cup of sugar for bringing in the sweetness.
Eggs: Eggs are added to the topping mixture to make it fluffy and soft. Add 3 eggs for 8 oz of cream cheese.
Instructions On How To Bake Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to the temperature specified in the recipe 15 minutes before baking cheesecake.
- Choose spring form pan for baking cheesecake. Grease it line the pan bottom with baking parchment to prevent the batter from creeping through the sides and falling.
- Bring cream cheese, egg, and butter to room temperature before creaming them. You can place the wrapped cream cheese package in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 40 seconds or until slightly soft. If the cheese melts, then refrigerate for few minutes to bring it to desired state.
- Beat all the ingredients, especially the eggs, at medium speed. The mixture should become smooth. Add only one egg at a time, at the lowest speed, scraping the beater and bowl.
- Avoid over-mixing the mixture to prevent beating air into it. Excessive air can cause cracks while cheesecake is being baked.
- Cheesecakes are egg-based. Hence, it is advisable to bake them on low heat.
- Place the pan in the center of the middle rack of the oven. In the lower rack, place a pan filled with water. The water will also aid in minimizing the cracks formed on cheesecake top.
- Keep the oven door closed until the cake is completely baked. Opening midway can cause a crack in the cake.
- Allow the cake to remain the oven once it is completely baked.
- If you are unsure about the doneness, check whether the center jiggles when you shake it. Never use a teaser to check doneness.
- Expect a slight shrinkage as it cools. If there is great shrinkage, you have baked it at too high a heat.
- Cool thoroughly before refrigerating. Chilling a warm cheesecake will make it soggy due to the absorption of moisture.
- Chill the cheesecake for 12 to 24 hours for attaining the perfect slicing consistence.
- Gently, slide a knife around cake edges, loosen it, and then remove the sides of the spring form pan. Transfer immediately into a cake plate.
Now that you have learnt how to bake cheesecake in a simple way, throw a party to show off your baking skills.
Image Credit: ifood.tv