The Small Dice is created from the bâtonnet cut (1/4″ by 1/4″)
* Trim and peel the vegetables as needed.
* Cut the slices to the thickness that you wish the finished dice to be, 1/4 inch.
* Stack the slices on top of one another and make even parallel cuts to the appropriate thickness, 1/4 inch.
* Gather the sticks together; using your guiding hand to hold them in place, and make crosswise parallel cuts through the sticks.
* To produce perfectly even, neat dice, these cuts should be the same thickness as the initial slices.