How To Cut Strawberry
Do you want to know how to cut strawberry in a variety of ways? The blog outlines how this delicious, visibly enchanting, red, luscious berry can be made all the more enticing. The strawberry can be made more attractive to kids, guests and even yourself by cutting it in different shapes. Let us take a look at the various ways we can cut the strawberry.
Cutting Strawberry to make it Interesting
- Wash strawberries well under running water. Take care not to bruise the berries since these are very delicate.
- Using a paring knife, slice off the green stem part.
- Place strawberry broad part down, upright on the cutting board.
- Slice through the thin rounded bottom to reach the broader top portion and divide strawberry into two halves.
- Place cut surface down and quarter the halves.
- Wash and remove stem of strawberry. Place cut, broader part down on cutting board and make slices of whole strawberry of desired thickness, starting from one side. Strawberry slices can also be cut horizontally. For this lay the strawberry on its side and make slices through the body of the berry from the narrow part to broad part to get rings of strawberry. Strawberries can be sliced using an egg cutter too.
- To get chopped strawberries, cut strawberries in half as explained above. Place cut surface of strawberry down on cutting board and cut lengthwise into 4 or 6 pieces. Now hold them together and cut crosswise to get smaller chopped pieces.
Cut Strawberry Fan for Garnish 548433-cutting-strawberry-for-garnish.how-to-cut-strawberry-fan
- Wash strawberry well.
- Do not slice off the stem.
- Place paring knife a little below stem part and slice strawberry.
- Continue to make slices of strawberry without dislodging the slices from the stem base.
- Now, gently spread the strawberry slices to form strawberry fan.
Strawberry can be cut in many more interesting ways. Do watch the video for more tips on how to cut strawberry. Use strawberries in various recipes and enjoy.