How To Cut Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes are available throughout the year and if you know how to cut sweet potato, this tuber can be used to make many an interesting dish. Sweet potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator and can be cut like a potato though this might seem to be a bit harder. Nevertheless, lets’ take a look at how to go about cutting a sweet potato using a knife and a cutting board.
Easy Tips To Cut Sweet Potato
- Wash sweet potato well. Remove all sprouts while washing.
- Peel the sweet potato using a potato peeler.
- Place sweet potato on cutting board.
- Holding the knife in your dominant hand, slice through the center of the tuber to divide it into two halves.
- Sweet potato can be sliced on cutting the tuber through the center. Very thin slices can be used to make chips while thick slices can be roasted.
How To Cut Sweet Potato for Fries
- Wash and peel sweet potato.
- Slice it through the center to get two halves.
- Slice these further to get round slices of sweet potato.
- Stack these slices one on top of another and cut through lengthwise in strips.
- Deep fry fro sweet potato fries.
How To Sweet Potato Cut into Wedges
- Cut washed and peeled sweet potato lengthwise into two halves.
- Cut these halves again to get quarters.
- These quarters can be again sliced lengthwise to get wedges.
Watch the video for more information on how to cut sweet potato and pick up some tips on the same.