How To Cut Acorn Squash
It is better to learn how to cut acorn squash along with all associated nuances prior to doing the act since acorn squash is a hard skinned vegetable that can be a bit daunting to cut if you are doing it for the first time. The thick waxy peel as well as the ridges on the outside can be a bit of a tough nut to cut through. Nevertheless, it is possible if you follow the outlines given below.
Cutting Acorn Squash like a Pro
- Wash the squash well and place on cutting board.
- Trim the stem and the bottom of squash with a sharp and sturdy knife.
- Place knife in one of the valleys of the ridges and cut the squash lengthwise into 548239-scoop-out-the-seeds. two halves. You would need to use force to drive the knife through the hard skin and flesh inside. Alternately, the squash can be cut into halves horizontally.
- Spoon out the seeds, strings and entrails.
- Place squash cut face down on cutting board and using a sharp, serrated, sturdy knife cut through the ridge valleys to get wedges of squash.
- The skin of acorn squash is very hard and requires to be peeled. Use a sharp vegetable peeler or a paring knife to peel the squash wedges carefully. Peel the skin away from the flesh to get orange wedges of acorn squash.