How To Evenly Slice Homemade Bread?
Are you planning to bake your own homemade bread for a change? You get everything right but in the end, land up with uneven slices of bread. There are a number of things that you need to keep in mind while cutting bread loaves into slices. Read on to learn more...
Steps to Cut Even Slices of Homemade Bread
Learning to cut even slices of bread is a small trick that you can learn to do by yourself. Here are some of the essential materials to cut slices, a cutting board, sharp and serrated bread knife and an airtight container.
- Do not cut the bread right when it is out of the oven, allow it to cool down.
- Place the bread on the side and not upright, this way you will find yourself cutting bread evenly, and the distance to cut the bread is much greatly reduced, giving you a very good hold.
- Unless the serrated bread knife is not sharp, you will find yourself putting up a bad show; if you want to show off your skills, and then use a very good real sharp knife, which will pass through the loaf with a single cut smoothly.
- Cut the bread from the inside, this means tilt your knife initially into the bread loaf, with the quarter inch bend on one side of the bread.
- Keeping the knife parallel to the cutting board, saw through the entire loaf into even slices without applying much pressure, as the knife has enough weight to apply the needed pressure.
- Keep a size for the bread, 1/4” or ½” for each of the slices and thus cut the entire loaf or only as much as you need.
So you see, even slicing of homemade bread is very much possible if the right technique is followed.