How To Reheat Cooked Lobster
I have been trying to figure out how to reheat cooked lobster because I find it more challenging to reheat cooked lobster than preparing a fresh lobster dish. Most of the time I ended up overcooking that is making the lobster meat tough, which is not edible. And if I don't cook properly then there is a risk of food poisoning which is even more dangerous. So after trying out many ways of reheating cooked lobster, I finally figured out the best method to reheat cooked lobster.
Microwave is not the best way to reheat cooked lobster, it needs an elaborate method. So pay attention to the process given below. This is the only way you can reheat cooked lobster without spoiling it.
1. Firstly, thaw frozen cooked lobster. There are two ways of doing it. Keep the lobster in a covered bowl and place it in the refrigerator for a night. Secondly, if you need to thaw the lobster for immediate heating, then, place the lobster inside a zip lock bag, and place it under running water for about 30 minutes for every pound of lobster that is being thawed.
2. After thawing the lobster meat, reheating cooked lobster can be done either in a broiler, grill or an oven. A broiler needs pre-heating. Place the cooked lobster inside the boiler by keeping the meat facing in the upward direction. Brush up the meat with some melted butter and lemon juice before starting to heat.
3. Always keep the lobster about 4 inches away from the heat. Insert a thermometer into the lobster meat and cook until the inner temperature reaches 180 degrees.
4. You can even use a grill for reheating cooked lobster, but make sure to touch up the meat with lemon and melted butter and the meat should be placed facing the heat or flames. Reheat cooked lobster until the inner temperature touches 180 degrees.
5. The final method of reheating cooked lobster is by using an oven. Preheat the oven and set the temperature at 350 degrees. Brush up the lobster with some lemon juice and melted butter. Wrap the lobster in an aluminum foil and place in a baking tray. Bake for just 5-10 minutes until the lobster meat's internal temperature is 180 degrees.
By knowing how to reheat cooked lobster, one can enjoy this seafood anytime after cooking. Make every bite delicious!
Image Courtesy: cookstr.com