How To Spice Up Cottage Cheese
There might be hundreds of possibilities for how to spice up cottage cheese. In fact, if you eat cottage cheese without doing any spicing, it simply has no taste. But spicing up cottage cheese can really bring out the hidden taste of cottage cheese and make your mouth water. On top of all, you canât disregard the nutritional value of the cottage cheese. Considering all these facts, I have found some unique ways to have the cottage cheese.
- The most common way to eat the cottage cheese is to mix with honey. Use honey liberally to pour over the cottage cheese and sprinkle pinch of cinnamon powder on top it. This will taste heavenly for the breakfast along with toasted bread.
- If you donât like the gross look of the cottage cheese, then donât worry. Take your food processor to whip the cottage cheese. Add some amount of skimmed milk to it, to get the right consistency. Finally add little bit of sugar and run your food processor for few seconds. This whipped cottage cheese can be consumed as a spread over your toasts. You can also chill this and add your favorite fruit chunks, particularly a variety of berries like raspberry, strawberry, blueberry etc to make a nice dessert.
- There is another sweet way by which you can add up taste to the cottage cheese. Try to strain the cheese as much as you can, then put it on a serving plate. Spread your favorite jam over the cottage cheese and simply enjoy the taste.
- You can prepare a chocolate pudding kind of dessert with the cottage cheese. Whip up the cheese in your food processor along with little bit of sugar and cocoa powder. Add a handful of chocolate chips to the mix before serving.
- On the other hand, if you want to enjoy it in a savory way, then the easiest way would be to splash few drops of hot sauce over it. Mix the hot sauce with the cottage cheese and it can substitute any of your favorite snacks.
- Using the cottage cheese, you can prepare the most savory and tangy dip for your chicken wings. Whip the cottage cheese as mentioned before and instead of sugar and milk add BBQ sauce and freshly squeezed lemon juice. By spicing up this way, you will no longer think of eating plain cottage cheese.
- Another tasty and healthy way to spice up your cottage cheese would be to add various vegetables to it. You can use onions, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, radish etc. You need to chop these vegetables finely and mix with the cottage cheese thoroughly with fork. Add a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper and few drops of lemon juice before serving.
Image Courtesy: projectswole.com