How To Make Homemade Dry Dog Food?
If you love your dog just like you would love your own baby then you wouldnât think twice about making this homemade dry dog food. Making your own homemade dry dog food is always the best choice if you want your dog to get the proper amount of nutrients, have a shiny and healthy coat and live long. Also they can be stored well and are devoid of preservatives. Most importantly you are spared the panic that hits when you hear about pet food recall!
Thanks to this amazing and easy Homemade Dry Dog Food recipe, I no longer worry about storing up on high quality dog food!
4 cups whole wheat flour
3 cups white flour
1 cup wheat germ
2 cups ground beef
2 cups powdered milk
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. yeast
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup of warm water
- Make a mixture with the rest of the ingredients, season it with garlic powder and add the dissolved yeast to this mixture.
- Knead into a thick dough by adding a little water if required and then allow it to sit down for 30 min so that the yeast can rise.
- Flour your working surface and roll the dough out to a moderate thickness. Cut the dough into square shapes, or use cookie cutters. It would be fun if you could get hold of a dog bone cookie cutter!
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
I know you love your dog enough to give this yummy treat today itself!!
Zorro, my golden lab is addicted to homemade dry dog food!! That reminds me, I have
to feed Zorro, gotta rush! Before I leave here are a few
tips for you.
- Homemade Dry Dog food should be 40
percent Meat or protein, 50 percent vegetables and 10 percent starch.
can replace ground beef with ground turkey as it is easy to distribute
them in the dough.
- Never feed your dog onions, chocolate, grapes
or raisins, avocados and walnuts and macadamia nuts.
- Check the
Whole Dog Journal for more tips on feeding your dog