How To Market Your Barbeque Sauce? – The Grilling Marketing
Many a time, your home made barbeque sauce has been the talk of your social circle.
Not only as a demand for a recipe, giving credit, but also for the punch of uniqueness that there is scope for it at the market-level. How to market your barbeque sauce?
The peppy spread of the sauce on your barbequed dish leaves guests not just licking it up but also spreading the murmur of the cherished culinary delight from your home-made barbeque sauce. If your barbeque sauce is high on demand, it definitely signals that there is something more to its taste and texture , than what the market offers in that segment. And it is a viable business option to cash upon.
So, how to market your barbeque sauce?
You have discovered that your barbeque sauce is more than just a sauce for your dish, it’s a crowning glory in contests or get-togethers, and that has made you aspire for more.
How do you go about marketing for a product? How do you market your barbeque sauce?
• Firstly get to taste what existing brands have got to offer. This will give you the feel of the market pulse. You will get to know the trends and also the marketing techniques of these brands, with their own story of making the product saleable. The surveys conducted and the test-proven results. Similarly you evolve with your own story.
• Assess your story from the viewpoint of the market you are targeting. If it’s the niche segment particularly gourmet or food, you will have to do some home work in reviewing your strategy/story whether it will go well with the target consumers. With the internet at your disposal, you could opt for direct marketing by conducting online surveys about products.
• Once you have decided on the concept for your product, the next step on how to market your barbeque sauce will be that of packaging. Remember, the eye-catching is also the cash-holding. So make your packaging attractive, with a catchy caption or slogan or teaser. You could hire a professional or tie up with collateral to help you through the marketing/packaging process. You could also get hold of a creative or copywriter to help you with the slogans.
• Next step is that of the marketing ancillary - advertising. Advertising about your sauce- wherein you could even contact your local cable if you are planning to air a commercial and want to rent time. Your hired copywriter can again picture a good script for the commercial.
• Go for online advertising as well where in you could create a web-page or two about your product, with attractive visuals. Interface with your customers directly, to boost the genuineness of the product.
• Remember people will buy your recipe or product, if it offers features that outstrip its rivals. Make sure to qualify your barbeque sauce with features, which incorporates the latest fad(weight-loss, for instance)
The market segment for your barbeque sauce can be as vast as the market-space itself, if you pitch in the right technique at the right time.
Photo Courtesy : flickr