Pecan Tea Ring
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Warm water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), divided (At 105 To 115 F)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||8 Cup (128 tbs), divided|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided and softened|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Tablespoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped candied cherries||2 Ounce|
|Chopped pecans||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water; let stand 5 minutes.
2. In an electric mixer, add remaining warm water, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, eggs, salt, and 2 cups flour; whizz at low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add in sufficient amout of the remaining flour to make a soft dough; cover and let it stand for 10 minutes.
4. On a lightly floured surface, turn out the dough. Knead until smooth and elastic (8 to 10 minutes).
5. Keep the dough in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
6. Cover the bowl with a plastic sheet and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
7. Using your fists, punch dough down; divide in half.
8. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 15- x 9-inch rectangle.
9. Apply 2 tablespoons butter on each rectangle, leaving a 1-inch margin.
10. In a bowl, mix 1 cup pecans, 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Scatter half over each rectangle, leaving a 1-inch margin.
11. Roll up dough, jellyroll fashion, beginning at a long side; pinch edges to seal.
12. Place each roll on a large, greased baking sheet, seam side down; shape into a ring and pinch ends together to seal.
13. With the help of kitchen shears, make cuts in dough every 2 inches around rings, cutting two-thirds of the way through roll at each cut.
14. With care, turn each piece of dough on its side, slightly overlapping slices.
15. In a small bowl, add egg white and 1 tablespoon water; beat well.
16. Using a brush apply, the egg white over dough; cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. During the last 15 minutes, pre-heat oven to 375° F.
17. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown; transfer to wire racks and cool.
18. In a bowl, mix powdered sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla; stir until smooth.
19. Sprinkle the milk mixture over bread while warm; garnish with candied cherries and additional chopped pecans.
20. Make slices and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7862 Calories from Fat 2405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 279 g429.7%
Saturated Fat 102.9 g514.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 790.3 mg263.4%
Sodium 4171.8 mg173.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1208 g402.6%
Dietary Fiber 61.3 g245.1%
Sugars 387.7 g
Protein 143 g286.4%
Vitamin A 98.6% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 73.9% Iron 318.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet