|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Anise seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
To prepare the eggs the Day before:
To hard-cook eggs :
1. Cover eggs with water to an inch above them and bring rapidly to a boil.
2. Take pan off heat, cover let it stand 20 minutes and then cool in cold water.
3. On a hard surface roll eggs to crack shells without removing shells.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups cold water, the salt, soy sauce, anise seeds and tea bags.
5. Add eggs, bring to boiling reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 hours, adding water if necessary.
6. Remove from heat, set aside to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate overnight.
7. To serve drain eggs carefully remove shells and slice eggs in half, lengthwise, or in quarters.
8. Serve as an hors d'oeuvre.
Calories 91 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.7 mg80.6%
Sodium 928.1 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.24%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet