|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Whole blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Split blanched almonds||1 Tablespoon|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Beat in the egg yolks.
4) Stir in the flour, salt, almonds, and vanilla.
5) Hand mix till smooth and a firm dough.
6) On a lightly-floured board, roll out the dough to a 1/8-inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.
7) Top each with half an almond.
8) Arrange on the baking sheet.
9) Place in the oven at 400°F for about 8 to 10 minutes, till lightly browned.
10) Store in a container and keep handy as a snack for kids.