Tender Tea Wafers
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Combine the margarine and cream cheese and cream well.
3) Mix in the sugar and cream till light and fluffy.
4) Add in the egg, lemon peel, and juice, and mix well.
5) Stir in the sifted flour and blend well.
6) Shape into rolls and wrap in waxed paper.
7) Refrigerate for several hours.
8) Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
9) Arrange on the baking sheet.
10) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, till lightly browned around the edges.
11) Serve as a snack.