High Tea Lemon Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs) (Divided)|
|Powdered sugar||4 2⁄3 Cup (74.67 tbs) (Divided)|
|Finely shredded lemon peel||2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper
3. In a medium bowl sift together flour and corn flour.
4. In a large bowl, cream 2 cups of the butter with a wire whisk or an electric beater until soft
5. Add 2/3 cup of the powdered sugar and beat light and creamy.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel and the vanilla and stir into the creamed mixture.
7. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients to form a stiff cookie dough.
8. Shape dough into equal size balls.
9. Arrange them on cookie sheets, keeping 2 inch space between each.
10. Place sheet on middle level of preheated oven.
11. Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
12. Remove and slide them on to wire racks.
13. Cool completely
14. To make icing, in a mixing bowl, cream remaining butter, sugar and lemon peel and juice until light and creamy.
15. Use a butter knife to spread icing on the cookies.
16. Serve with tea or with a glass of milk.