TBT Homemade PopTarts
|Vegetable shortening||16 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||14 Ounce|
|Ice cold milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ice cold water||2 Tablespoon (give or take a few spoons)|
|Jam/Jelly/preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powder sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sprinkles/Coarse colored sugar||1 Tablespoon|
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt and shortening. First cut the mixture with knife and then mix the contents together.
- In another bowl, mix lemon juice with milk and add to the flour mixture. Gently mix the ingredients and add cold water if necessary. Wrap the dough with wax paper and pop in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle working surface with flour and roll the dough. Cut out into rectangles and spread jam over it and cover with another rectangle. Seal the ends, place in a baking dish lined with wax paper and pop it in oven.
- Bake at 350° for 19-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil milk and add powdered sugar to it. Once the sugar is dissolved and the mixture turns into consistency of glaze, cool it down and add sprinkles. Mix well.
- After cooling the tarts glaze them as shown in the video.
- Serve and enjoy!
Baking dish lined with wax paper
Calories 1158 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.2%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.4%
Trans Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 7.1 mg2.4%
Sodium 526.9 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 52.4 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet