Rich Chocolate Glazed tart
|Chocolate graham cracker||9 , finely ground|
|Unsalted butter||5 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Bittersweet chocolate||9 Ounce, chopped|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Bittersweet chocolate||3⁄4 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Light corn syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 Tablespoon|
Making the crust:
• Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
• Stir together all ingredients and press evenly onto bottom and 3/4 inch up side of tart pan. Bake until firm, about 10 minutes. Cool on a rack 15 to 20 minutes.
Making the filling:
• Bring cream to a boil, then pour over chocolate in a bowl and let stand 5 minutes.
• Gently stir until smooth.
• Whisk together eggs, vanilla, and salt in another bowl, then stir into melted chocolate.
• Pour filling into cooled crust.
• Bake until filling is set about 3 inches from edge but center is still wobbly, 20 to 25 minutes. (Center will continue to set as tart cools.)
• Cool completely in pan on rack, about 1 hour.
Making the glaze:
• Bring cream to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until smooth. Stir in corn syrup, then warm water.
• Pour glaze onto tart, then tilt and rotate tart so glaze coats top evenly. Let stand until glaze is set, about 1 hour.
Tart is best the day it is made. This tart can be made without the glaze one day ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature just before glazing it.
For more information please visit:http:/bakeittilyoumakeit.com