Fresh Tomato Tart
|For the p te brisee:|
|Flour||400 Gram (Mixed with a pinch of salt)|
|Unsalted butter||200 Gram|
|Cold water||100 Gram, cubed|
|For the filling:|
|Whole grain mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Ricotta cheese||400 Gram|
|Mascarpone cheese/Cream cheese||100 Gram|
|For the tomato topping:|
|Grape tomatoes||150 Gram|
|Cherry tomatoes||150 Gram|
|Tomatoes||50 Gram (Any tomatoes of your preference)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree fahrenheit.
2. For the Pâte brisee: Pour the flour on a flat counter top and make a well in the middle.
3. Place the cubed butter in the middle and use a scrapper to incorporate the butter into the flour.
4. Make another well and add the cold water in the middle.
4. Use your hands to incorporate the dough.
5. Take pieces of the dough and roll it out using your hands to incorporate the butter properly.
6. Flatten the dough in a plastic film and refrigerate for an hour.
7. Remove from the refrigerator and roll out the dough maintaining the same thickness to the size of your baking dish.
8. Roll the dough over the rolling pin and unroll it over the baking dish.
9. Remove any excess dough and poke the base with a fork.
10. Refrigerate the dish until cold.
11. Once cold, bake the dish until lightly brown for about 15-20 minutes.
12. For the filling: In a bowl, add the ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, salt and pepper and mix together.
13. Spread the whole grain mustard over the semi-baked tart dish.
14. Add the filling and spread evenly.
15. For the Tomato topping: In a bowl, add the variety of cut tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper and toss.
16. Let this marinade at room tempertature for 30 minutes.
17. Add the marinated tomato over the cheese filling.
18. Serve as an appetizer.