Learn step by step how to make this fresh tomato tart made with a pâte brisee crust, ricotta and mascarpone cheese filling and marinated mixed tomatoes on top. Learn all the tricks to a make a super flaky crust, understand why you should keep the crust ingredients cold and what to do to avoid shrinkage during baking. This recipe is fresh and rustic and goes very well with a side of salad or even by itself, the variety of tomatoes used is up to you, I used grape tomatoes, mixed colors cherry tomatoes and tiny currant tomatoes, all sweet and organic. It looks stunning on the table as well!
For the p te brisee:
400 Gram (Mixed with a pinch of salt)
100 Gram, cubed
For the filling:
Whole grain mustard
Mascarpone cheese/Cream cheese
For the tomato topping:
50 Gram (Any tomatoes of your preference)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree fahrenheit.
2. For the Pâte brisee: Pour the flour on a flat counter top and make a well in the middle.
3. Place the cubed butter in the middle and use a scrapper to incorporate the butter into the flour.
4. Make another well and add the cold water in the middle.
4. Use your hands to incorporate the dough.
5. Take pieces of the dough and roll it out using your hands to incorporate the butter properly.
6. Flatten the dough in a plastic film and refrigerate for an hour.
7. Remove from the refrigerator and roll out the dough maintaining the same thickness to the size of your baking dish.
8. Roll the dough over the rolling pin and unroll it over the baking dish.
9. Remove any excess dough and poke the base with a fork.
10. Refrigerate the dish until cold.
11. Once cold, bake the dish until lightly brown for about 15-20 minutes.
12. For the filling: In a bowl, add the ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, salt and pepper and mix together.
13. Spread the whole grain mustard over the semi-baked tart dish.
14. Add the filling and spread evenly.
15. For the Tomato topping: In a bowl, add the variety of cut tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper and toss.
16. Let this marinade at room tempertature for 30 minutes.
17. Add the marinated tomato over the cheese filling.