How To Make An Almond Cream Fruit Tart To Perfection
|For the pate sucree|
|Unsalted butter||100 Gram|
|Cold water||5 Tablespoon|
|For the almond cream|
|Almond paste||80 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||70 Gram|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Almond flour||1 Tablespoon (Ground skinless almonds)|
|Cake flour||1 Tablespoon|
|For the pastry cream|
|Vanilla bean/Vanilla extract||1|
|Egg yolks||2 Medium|
|All purpose flour||10 Gram|
|Kumquats||150 Gram, thinly sliced (With seeds removed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. For the Pate Sucree: Lay the flour mixed with sugar and salt on a flat surface and make a hole in the middle.
3. Add the butter into the middle and use a dough scrapper incorporate the butter into the flour and make another hole in the middle.
4. Add 1/2 cup water and incorporate into the water.
5. Make little walnut sized balls and mash against the flat surface to make the butter mix properly into the dough.
6. Wrap the dough in saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. Roll out the dough thinkly into the desired shape and fit it into your tart pan and place in the refrigerator until it is time to bake it.
8. For the Almond Cream: Add the almond paste and sugar in the mixer and mix.
9. Add butter and mix in medium speed until creamy.
10. Next, add one egg at a time and mix.
11. After the egg is completely incorporated, add vanila extract, almond flour and cake flour and mix.
12. For the Pastry Cream: In a pan, add milk and vanilla bean and bring to boil but not over boil.
13. Turn off heat and let it sit for 10 minutes.
14. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar.
15. Next, add flour and cornstarch and whisk.
16. Bring the milk back to boil and then add a little into the egg cream and temper while whisking constantly.
17. Pour the mix back into the milk pan and whisk constantly and incorporate and let it milk boil for 3 minutes.
18. Transfer into a bowl and cover with saran wrap.
19. Next, mix 2 parts almond cream to 1 part pastry cream.
20. Spread the mix into the dough filled tart tray.
21. Arrange the kumquats on top of the tarts as you wish.
22. Pop into the oven for 30 minutes until cream is set.
23. Cut out slices, plate and serve as dessert.
Keeping the Pate Sucree in the refrigerator prevents the gluten from developing and your crust doesn't shrink because of this.