Artichoke and Feta Tarts with Tomato Salad
|Puff pastry sheet||1 , thawed|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Artichoke heart||4 , halved and marinated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for salad)|
|Frozen peas||3 Cup (48 tbs), thawed (for salad)|
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for salad)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (drizzle on salad)|
|White balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon (drizzle on salad)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste for salad)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste for salad)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. Line a baking dish with parchment paper, and set it aside.
3. For tart, place pastry sheet on counter top, and cut it into 4 equal squares.
4. With a knife, score a ¼ inch border around squares.
5. On baking dish, place the sheets. Sprinkle feta cheese and artichokes on top.
6. With a brush, apply egg wash on the border of the pastry sheets.
7. Place it in oven, and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
8. For salad, in a mixing bowl, add tomatoes, peas, and mint leaves.
9. Drizzle vinegar, and olive oil on top. Toss well.
10. Top the tarts with tomato salad. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
11. Serve artichoke tart hot with tomato salad topping.
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.5%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg28.7%
Sodium 1490.4 mg62.1%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.7%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 23 g45.1%
Vitamin A 53.8% Vitamin C 68.9%
Calcium 31% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet