Light, crispy and full of flavor, these mini sausage tarts from our cookbook, 101 Homestyle Favorites, have only 4 ingredients! Make the filling the night before your get-together and your party will be a breeze.
Ground pork sausage
1 Pound, browned and drained
8 Ounce, shredded
Ranch salad dressing
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
3 Tablespoon, chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
60 Small (about 4 packages)
Red bell pepper
3 Tablespoon, diced (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl, place together browned sausage meat, cheese, salad dressing and olives; stir well to combine.
3. On ungreased baking sheets, arrange the phyllo cups, and fill them with sausage meat mixture using an ice cream scoop.
4. Sprinkle each cup with diced pepper and black olives, if desired.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Serve warm as desired.
You can use spicy or herbed ground sausage meat and cheese of your choice as desired.
You can you chopped scallions, mushrooms or other vegetable of your choice instead of red peppers.