Pim Techamuanvivit, author of The Foodie Handbook, shares a recipe for a rustic nectarine-frangipane galette.
1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted
1 1⁄4 Ounce
1 1⁄4 Ounce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. On a clean surface, place flour.
3. Cut butter into pieces and add to the flour; mix well until all the butter is incorporated.
4. Add cold water and knead until dough forms a ball.
5. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare frangipane in a food processor; put together whole almond, sugar and confectioner’s sugar and process until powdered.
7. Add 3 ounce butter and blend.
8. While the blender is still on, add 1 egg and blend until the mixture comes together.
9. On a clean work surface, roll the dough in rectangular until about 1 inch thick.
10. Fold the dough in thirds from the middle and roll it again.
11. Roll the dough into a circle.
12. Transfer the rolled out dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
13. Apply frangipane on the surface of the dough.
14. Cut wedges of peach and arrange them on the surface of the frangipane in a thick circle.
15. Fold over the dough on the peaches.
16. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until crust is golden brown or fruit caramelized.