|9 inch pie shell||1 , unbaked|
|Canned liver pate||14 1⁄4 Ounce (3 cans, 4 3/4 ounce size)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ground nutmeg||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Natural swiss cheese||1⁄4 Pound, finely grated (1 cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Prepare the pie shell. Refrigerate.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. In a medium size bowl, mix onion, pate, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Mix.
4. Over bottom of pie shell, evenly spread the mixture.
5. In a medium bowl, add cream, egg, salt, dash nutmeg and red pepper.
7. Beat the mixture till it combines well but is not frothy.
8. Add cheese, stir well.
9. Pour the mixture into pie shell.
10. Place it in preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is golden and firm when pressed with fingertip.
11. On wire rack allow pie to cool for about 1 hour, and then cut into wedges.
12. Serve pate tart warm.
Calories 909 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.5%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 618 mg206%
Sodium 1142.9 mg47.6%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 31 g63%
Vitamin A 40.8% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 41.3% Iron 58.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet