This is a dessert to die for: Silky Chocolate tart with hazelnut crust and chocolate glaze on top. Rustic and fancy, oh yeah! Super creamy chocolaty.
For the crust:
1 Cup (16 tbs), ground
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), toasted and ground
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
5 Tablespoon, melt
For the filling:
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
250 Gram, chop (no more than 65% cacao)
For the glaze:
Honey/Light corn syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Roast the hazelnuts and remove the skin. Then, grind them in a food processor.
3. For the crust: In a bowl, add the ground graham cracker mix, ground hazelnut, confectionery sugar, cocoa powder and melted butter and combine. To test if the consistency is right, take some of the mix and shape with your hand. If the shape stays, your mix is right.
4. Spread the mix over a springfoam and press down. Pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
5. For the filling: Bring the heavy cream to a boil and pour over a bowl of the chopped chocolate. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then mix.
6. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
7. Add the vanilla extract and salt and combine.
8. Pour the mix over the baked crust and bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Once done, let it cool for an hour.
10. For the glaze: Bring the heavy cream to a boil and pour into a bowl of the chopped chocolate and let it rest for 5 minutes.
11. Then, stir until smooth. Add the honey and warm water and mix well.
12. Pour the glaze over the cooled tart and rotate the vessel to coat the top evenly. Don't use a spoon.