Squash Cheese Tart
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fast rising yeast/Regular dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (120 To 130F)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Medium zucchini||3⁄4 Pound|
|Yellow summer squash||1⁄2 Pound (Medium Sized)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Dried crushed rosemary leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Jarlsberg cheese||4 Ounce, shredded to make 1 cup|
1. Cut zucchini and yellow summer squash diagonally into Winch-wide slices.
2. Preheat oven to 450F.
To make the dough :
3. In large bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, the yeast, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix well.
4. With portable electric mixer at low speed, beat in water and 1 tablespoon oil until smooth.
5. With wooden spoon, mix in enough remaining Hour to make stiff and not sticky dough.
6. On lightly floured board, knead dough until smooth and elastic-€”about 5 minutes.
7. Place dough in greased bowl and turn dough over to bring up greased side.
8. Cover dough with towel and let rise in a warm place (85F), free from drafts, 30 minutes.
To make the filling :
9. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches water to boiling and cook adding the zucchini and yellow-squash slices for 1 minute.
10. Drain vegetables, rinse with cold water and drain again.
11. In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute the chopped onions until golden over medium heat.
12. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the rosemary and set aside.
To assemble the tart :
13. Grease two 8-inch fluted tart pans with removable bottoms.
14. Divide dough in half.
15. On lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 9-inch circle.
16. In the prepared pan place each rolled dough and trim edges.
17. With oil lightly brush surfaces and prick bottoms with fork.
18. Bake crusts 10 minutes just until lightly golden and remove from oven.
19. Fill each crust with onion mixture and cheese, dividing evenly.
20. Arrange overlapping zucchini slices around edge of crust and yellow squash in center.
21. Lightly brush squash with oil and bake for 10 minutes.
22. Garnish with tomato rose, if desired, cut each tart into 8 wedges and serve.