|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hard cooked egg yolk||1 , mashed|
|Egg white||1 (Raw)|
|Apricot jam/Currant jam||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Assorted fruits||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sliced (Small Strawberries, Green Grapes, Red Grapes, Raspberries, Kiwi And Starfruit)|
1) Into a food processor or large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and sugar.
2) Cut in the butter till it is pea-sized.
3) To the mixture, add the lemon peel, egg white and yolk. Mix well to form a smooth ball.
4) Flatten the dough and form into a circle. Wrap the dough circle and chill it till it is firm enough to roll easily.
5) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
6) To prepare the tart shells, divide the chilled dough into 30 pieces and press into individual tart molds. If a large tart is preferred, roll the chilled pastry between sheets of wax paper till 10 inches in diameter. Remove the top piece of wax paper.
7) On a baking sheet, place a 9-inch flan ring or pie pan.
8) Flip the dough gently into the fan ring or pan.
9) Take off the second sheet of wax paper.
10) Settle the dough gently into the pan or ring. Ensure that there is no stretching.
11) Trim off the excessive dough, if any.
12) On the baking sheet, chill the dough for about 15 minutes.
13) Crumple a piece of wax paper and then spread it out to the top edge of each tart pan or pie pan.
14) Fill the paper with raw rice or dried peas to weight down.
15) On the baking sheet, place the filled tart ring and put in the preheated oven.
16) Bake for about 20 minutes.
17) Remove the peas or rice very carefully, and then the paper.
18) Put the tart shells back in the oven and bake till done (about 20 minutes more).
19) Place on a wire rack and cool.
20) In a pan, put the jam with water and lemon juice.
21) Bring the contents to a boil, and boil till a thick syrup is formed that is the right consistency for brushing. Strain.
22) To glaze the tart, dip a pastry brush into the hot syrup and brush the pastry.
23) Place the pastry on a serving plate and arrange the fruits alternately in the shells. Glaze with some apricot or currant jam. Serve as a dessert.